Monday 1 July 2013

Day 1- Where are you from? And you?

Cheerful group of ladies chirping by the breakfast table were definitely the other course participants, because I heard the small talk lines:
Where are you from?
What's your name?
Are you here the first time?
And you?
And you?
What was your name again? ...

A nice continental breakfast, a short bus trip, just a little more of walking, and the IPC center with another groups with "Where are you from? And you?" were right there on the lawn. Greetings, instructions, diving into groups, following our group leader Mr Richard Clark (a very lively and inspiring gentleman, by the way), and arriving at the Xcentre. Nicely prepared room with impressive interior with coffee-break table already set made you feel welcome and less stressed about the unknown. "It is going to be the best course here, and the other participants are going to envy you afterwards", said Richard. And I believed him.

There are no special tips to write here on blog today, because I was sooooo overwhelmed with excitement and immediate involvement in the course activities that I even forgot to take photos, and the notes about the methods will be given to us at the end of the course in a full pack.

Enjoying our packed lunches and an amazing view to the river,the city and the hilly background while sitting on the green in front of IPC house, hearing my course mates already having rather more personal talks about families, troubles... wow! that gave me some more confidence- it was a good choice to come here!


Afternoon guided tour of Exeter city centre with Mr Nigel Harvey was just perfect short overview (in the light sauce of English humour, I'd say...) for a non-historian like me. Lov'ely!- would an English person probably say (the apostrophe marking the place where the voice goes down and pauses for a moment)






A walk back to the Holland Hall. Now, with much less confusion and not getting lost at all.
Perfect healthy dinner in a partly new company of participants of other courses. Already hearing some envious comments from others (as Richard had promised). Some more information about social programme, buses etc and... the first day of those two weeks has already been rewarding enough to say-
Lifelong Learning Comenius teacher training programme has fulfilled some of my dreams, and it is only the beginning.






3 comments:

  1. Woow.. Ulle so nice to read your first impressions of the course and comapny..and to be honest I envy you!
    I felt memories of my start in Oxford( 2006) so enjoy the company, have great times!
    José

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pity that I cannot click "Like" here in the blog to your comments, because I really appreciate your kind words here! Thanks! I'll do my best to make it fun and useful :)

    ReplyDelete